Koroseal Wallcovering Reclamation Program
The Easy Way to Recycle Wallcovering. To reduce the amount of material being disposed in landfills, Koroseal is proud to introduce the Koroseal Wallcovering Reclamation Program. Through the Reclamation Program, Koroseal will reclaim and recycle vinyl wallcoverings removed from interiors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What kind of wallcoverings can be reclaimed?
- A. Any fabric backed (woven and non-woven) vinyl wallcovering. Teflon®-laminated wallcovering cannot be returned.
- Q. Will Koroseal take back a competitor's wallcoverings?
- A. Yes.
- Q. Does a customer have to place an order with Koroseal in order to return wallcoverings?
- A. Yes.
- Q. Can Koroseal accept residual drywall and adhesive on the returned wallcovering?
- A. Yes. Koroseal can accept residual drywall and adhesive on the back of the wallcovering. (Other contaminants such as nails, razor blades, wood, glass and garbage must be removed.)
- Q. Where do customers send the used wallcovering?
- A. To Koroseal's plant. Koroseal Sales Representatives must complete a Wallcovering Reclamation Authorization form prior to material being shipped to our plant. Wallcoverings must be packaged properly to assure the materials remain dry and clean.
- Q. Who is responsible for shipping the used wallcovering to the plant?
- A. The customer is responsible for shipping the used wallcovering to the plant.
- Q. Will Koroseal pay the freight to return used wallcovering?
- A. Yes. If a customer purchases an equal amount of wallcovering that is returned to the plant (assume 1 pound of returned wallcovering = 1 yard of wallcovering), the customer can ship the used wallcovering collect using an Koroseal Interior Products pre-approved carrier.
- Q. Does participating in the Reclamation Program contribute to a building achieving LEED® points?
- A. Yes. The LEED® Materials & Resources Credits 2.1 and 2.2, Construction Waste Management, require construction and demolition debris be diverted from disposal in landfills and incinerators. By returning used wallcovering to Koroseal, a building owner will divert construction debris from disposal or incineration.
- Q. How do I get started?
- A. Please contact your Koroseal Customer Service Sales Representative for additional details.
Corporate Responsibility Policy
As a responsible corporate citizen, Metro's parent company, Koroseal Interior Products is dedicated to protecting human health, natural resources, and the global environment. This commitment extends beyond compliance with the law to encompass integration of sound environmental practices into our business decisions.
Koroseal Interior Products' manufacturing facilities continuously pursue methods to further reduce operating emissions, recycle all waste material, and use the safest raw materials with the least environmental impact.
Every Koroseal Interior Products employee receives sustainability training annually pertinent to his/her job responsibility.
Koroseal Interior Products will supply products that promote sustainability. This includes supplying products that are low-emitting, contain recycled material, require low-energy to produce, and are easily maintained.
- Low-emitting wallcoverings
- Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certified®
- Meet California Indoor Air Quality Specification Section 01350
- Variety of alternative wallcovering substrates available
- Breathable wallcoverings that reduce the potential for mold and mildew growth
- MEA-approved wallcoverings
- UL®-Listed wallcoverings
- Building Rating Systems
Several of Our Products Contribute to Buildings Achieving LEED® Points
- Building reuse
- Construction Waste Management
- Recycled content
- Regional materials
- Rapidly renewable materials
- Forest Stewardship Council® certified wood
- Low-emitting adhesives and sealants
- Low-emitting paints and coatings
- Low-emitting composite wood and agrifiber products
- Low-emitting materials
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS)
- First wallcovering manufacturer to be listed on the CHPS Low-Emitting Materials Table
- Manufacturing Accomplishments
Ohio Governor's Pollution Protection Award
- Plant emissions so low, the plant does not require a Title V Permit under the Clean Air Act
- Recycle inks
- Pioneered conversion to water-based inks, eliminating all solvents in printing processes
- First in the industry to eliminate cadmium-based stabilizers
- First wall protection company to provide a product return/recycling program for customers
- Koroseal Interior Products is a net importer of scrap material
- Wallcovering Reclamation Program
Teflon® is a trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
Forest Stewardship Council® is a trademark of Forest Stewardship Council, A.C., (FSC-C117062)